Dr Sam Newton’s Wuffings’ Website
Welcome to my Wuffings’ Website, which aims to provide a focus for the study of the Wuffing Kingdom of East Anglia and beyond. Within the website you will find:
Saturday Study Days with Wuffing Education at Sutton Hoo – Saturday Study-Days at Sutton Hoo on the history, archaeology, literature, landscape, music, and art of medieval England in general and of the Anglo-Saxon Wuffing kingdom of East Anglia in particular and its background.
My Wednesday morning seminars at Sutton Hoo 2014: Sutton Hoo and the Golden Age of East Anglia and Old England – an exploration of the history of the culture that produced the wonders of Sutton Hoo and the Staffordshire Hoard.
My Lecture-Lunches and other events with the National Trust at Sutton Hoo - including the solstice sunset strolls across the sacred turf of the royal barrows.
If you wish to book me for a talk or day of special interest with NADFAS (National Association of Decorative and Fine Arts’ Societies), or otherwise, please click here for a selection of my currently available PowerPoint Lectures and/or Study-Days.
Wuffing Resources such as
- A Wuffings’ Who Was Who (genealogical & historical information)
- Sutton Hoo: Burial-Ground of the Wuffings (some of the wonders of the royal ship-burial)
- Wuffing and Related Places of Interest (sites where the Wuffings walked; and more)
- In defence of the Wuffings (Book Review) – my response to Professor Martin Carver’s theories about Sutton Hoo and the kings of East Anglia
- The Old English Calendar
- Some Wuffing Studies’ reading lists
- Some Old Links to related Websites