Dr Sam Newton’s Wuffings’ Website
Welcome to my Wuffings’ Website, which aims to provide a focus for the study of the history and culture of the Wuffing Kingdom of East Anglia and beyond.
Within the website you will find resources for Wuffing Studies, information about me and my works, and links to :
My Wednesday morning online seminars – Old English Language and Literature: 1066 and All That – We shall continue our course (now online via Zoom) exploring Old English language and literature, art and culture, and the history of the Old English-speaking peoples.
Saturday Study Days with Wuffing Education – Saturday Study-Days on the history, archaeology, literature, landscape, music, and art of medieval England in general and of the Anglo-Saxon Wuffing kingdom of East Anglia in particular.
If you wish to book me for a lecture or day of special interest, please click here for a selection of my currently available PowerPoint Lectures and/or Study-Days.
My Walks and Talks with the National Trust at Sutton Hoo – Solstice sunset talks and walks (and equinox walks) across the sacred turf of Sutton Hoo.
And My Books:
My more recent published papers, such as “The Forgotten History of St Bótwulf (Botolph)”, can be downloaded from Academia: https://independent.academia.edu/SamNewton
Resources for Wuffing Studies:
- A Wuffings’ Who Was Who (genealogical & historical information)
- Sutton Hoo: Burial-Ground of the Wuffings (some of the wonders of the royal ship-burial)
- Wuffing and Related Places of Interest (sites where the Wuffings walked; and more)
- In Defence of the Wuffings (Book Review) – my response to Professor Martin Carver’s theories about Sutton Hoo and the kings of East Anglia
- The Old English Calendar
- Some Wuffing Studies’ reading lists
- Some Old Links to related Websites