Dr Sam Newton’s Wuffings’ Website
Welcome to my Wuffings’ Website, which aims to provide a focus for the study of the history and culture of the Wuffing Kingdom of East Anglia and beyond.
Within the website you will find resources for Wuffing Studies, information about me and my works, and links to :
Saturday Study Days with Wuffing Education at Sutton Hoo – Saturday Study-Days at Sutton Hoo on the history, archaeology, literature, landscape, music, and art of medieval England in general and of the Anglo-Saxon Wuffing kingdom of East Anglia in particular and its background.
My Wednesday morning seminars at Sutton Hoo 2018: Old English Language, Literature, & the Golden Age of Ængland – We shall continue our course exploring Old English language and literature, art and culture, and the Golden Age of the early English-speaking peoples.
My Walks and Talks with the National Trust at Sutton Hoo – Solstice sunset talks and walks (and equinox walks) across the sacred turf Sutton Hoo.
If you wish to book me for a lecture or day of special interest, please click here for a selection of my currently available PowerPoint Lectures and/or Study-Days.
And My Books:
My more recent published papers, such as “The Forgotten History of St Bótwulf (Botolph)”, can be downloaded from Academia: https://independent.academia.edu/SamNewton
Resources for Wuffing Studies:
- A Wuffings’ Who Was Who (genealogical & historical information)
- Sutton Hoo: Burial-Ground of the Wuffings (some of the wonders of the royal ship-burial)
- Wuffing and Related Places of Interest (sites where the Wuffings walked; and more)
- In Defence of the Wuffings (Book Review) – my response to Professor Martin Carver’s theories about Sutton Hoo and the kings of East Anglia
- The Old English Calendar
- Some Wuffing Studies’ reading lists
- Some Old Links to related Websites